Sunday, December 21, 2008

Primal growl

Life is amazing. I've broken through, and I'm continuing to challenge myself. Kettlebell training, strength and conditioning with bodyweight work, and now BJJ and indoor rock climbing. I'm loving this. Bring it on!

I saw Lamb of God Friday evening with Doug. It was originally going to be Doug, Tim, Jen and myself, but due to various reasons it didn't work out. The show rocked, and moshing was a lot of fun, of course. There were kids in their early teens all over the place though! There was even this ten year old kid that threw himself into the pit and was tearing it up. Pointy elbows at crotch level = devastation. Also a lot of crusty old men, gropers, frankfurtter-headed wannabe bad asses, fluffy-haired trenchcoat wearers... it was an interesting crowd. It was a fantastic time, and hopefully will be happening again in the not-so-distant future. Metal fucking owns.

As I'd said earlier, I tweaked my shoulder in BJJ, and apparently shoving people around at a metal show is not the best remedy... it definitely was not feeling good during KB class on Saturday morning with snatches, so I cooled it with overheard exercises. Thankfully it's feeling much better today, just in time for indoor rock climbing.

I've been working on the tattoo today, personalizing it... if it comes to fruition, it's going to rock.

2 comments:

Benjamin Cooke said...

How did you tweak your shoulder during BJJ training? Or did a training partner do it with a kimura?

Laura Nepodal said...

I really have no idea. I didn't realize it was hurting until after class. It's my infraspinatus/teres minor though, and it probably needs a few days of rest, which I'm not willing to give it right now. I know, bad me.