Saturday, October 18, 2008

The bug bit me

I was feeling a little bit off yesterday, and started feeling progressively more headachey and congested as the night went on, so I drank about a gallon of water and got to bed by 9:15... sure enough, I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever, hot/cold flashes, pounding headache, a bad cough and muscle/joint aches. I've taken it easy today and have just downed a bunch of water. I did force down some oatmeal earlier, and then I had some delicious, hot udon that Whitney brought to me -- thank you, Whitney, so awesome! :)

Anyway, I'm feeling better than I was early this morning, and I'm hoping to kick this by the end of the weekend. If I don't, it's going to be a looooong week...

On the bright side, this has forced me to slow down and evaluate things, which has been productive. Putting things in perspective is usually a good thing.

And here is me sharing the perfect ugliness that bulldogs are capable of, particularly Winston:


To redeem him:

No comments: