Friday, October 24, 2008

Order -- and triumph!

I feel powerful today. I feel very settled in my skin, and I feel solid and ready for any challenge.

I feel like things have been sort of out of order lately, so I'm putting things back into it. Starting with my room and car... ~shudder~ No small tasks, those.

I'm planning on owning deadlifts this afternoon. I'll post again with an update of my success!

EDIT:
Yesterday I did 5 minutes of TGUs yesterday with a 12 kg KB, and then 6 minutes of TGU/Swings with the 12kg/16kg, 1 minute of each. Also did some military press, BUP, deck squats, snatches and H2H.

So just about an hour ago, did them deadlifts, and I was very surprised... well no, actually, I wasn't.

I did a quick warm up with 135 lbs., one set of 10 reps. I wanted to be fresh when I attempted my max, which I really wanted to do since last time was weak and was attempted at the end of the workout. After the warm up set I laced on 235 lbs., and geared myself up for it, getting myself stoked and pumped. Get in solid form, pull -- and it flies up. It felt light. Okay... well, maybe I'll do 245 lbs. No -- I'll try 255 lbs., instead. But wait... why not go for a new PR, and try 260 lbs. instead?

I lace on 260 lbs - two 45 plates, one ten, one five, and one two-and-a-half on either side -- walk around for a bit, and get in position. I pull, and it was tough, but I'm very certain I got it locked out without any bend in the back at all. I held it for a few seconds at the top before I lowered it.

I was grinning hugely after this, and I think everyone thought I was a little loony, except for the guy who watched me pull the weight. I did a couple of sets of 5 reps of 185 lbs., and called it good. Short, but oh so sweet.

285 lbs. doesn't sound so daunting! I'm so stoked. And I'm looking forward to KB class tomorrow.

3 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Congratulations!! Huge pull, I'm totally impressed.

Laura Nepodal said...

Thanks, Nikki! =) I was totally stoked, for sure. I appreciate the support a lot!

Franz Snideman said...

Great Deadlift numbers!

Congrat's!