Friday, September 26, 2008

Productivity

So:
Life is perspective.  It's going to be a certain way if your mindset is bent to that angle, which can either be a positive or negative one.

I've been quite busy lately, but I'm finding that I've been just fine with that.  Today was the first day in just shy of two weeks where I actually was able to sleep in, and that's because I skipped my class this morning.  I've really been feeling pretty good about all of the busyness, though; I'm making everything my own and so I can't be a victim to it.  Doing great in school, great with fitness--aside from this last week, I must say I was a little bit off the ball--great with taking steps forward instead of back.

I went on a hike yesterday and then went to Rusty's strength and conditioning class, which KICKED ASS!  It was only women funnily enough, but he didn't go any easier on us which we all appreciated.  The last set was an absolute beast, and we were all curled up on the ground at the end with Rusty standing overheard, laughing.  So good!

I also did a short kettlebell workout today also, all with a 16kg:

20 swings
10 MP each arm
20 swings
4 Turkish Get-ups either side
20 swings
15 snatches each arm
20 swings
5 Windmills either side
20 swings

Feeling pretty awesome.  Got a lot of research to do, but I'm going to hit the beach first.  Hope everyone's doing fantastically!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good workout! It's funny how much differently we train now :)

Laura Nepodal said...

You mean from how we used to? Totally. It's great stuff.