Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I don't like titles

Trivium - 'Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr'



Definitely wanting to see a great metal show! I just looked up the Wall of Death on YouTube... RIDICULOUS!

I'm so damn grateful for the people in my life that see that there's something to pursue in life, that it's not about getting through the week so everyone can get cronked on the weekend. I don't want to judge anyone, anyone can do whatever they want to their bodies, but I can't give my approval when it's expected of me if I think what you're doing is absolute shit. Just chit-chatting in class with nearby classmates, it's all about how drunk you got, or the new iPhone, or the new pair of face-encompassing glasses you bought, or bagging on your boyfriend/girlfriend. Not that I'm bagging on making some purchases, just use moderation and know that it's not what it's all about. Or saying because you don't feel like writing a paper, you definitely have ADD and should be on Aderol. Huh!? I just don't understand most people my age anymore. Where did the pride in self, the intent of action, the self drive and motivation, the ambition, the need to know and learn, disappear to?


But anyway. I did a great sprint workout on Sunday with Tim and his co-worker, and kettlebell class was great as always last night. We did about 120 yards of the grad. workout towards the end, and I was really feeling the rhythm of it and powering through. I can feel how much stronger I've gotten, and I absolutely love it. I also love seeing other people make strides and take pride in that. My friend, who's never done any form of weight-lifting or training before, couldn't press the 18 lbs. hardly once on her left side when she began classes about a month ago. Now she can do it for reps, and is so excited about making further advancements and strength gains. I wish all of the people I knew would be infected like this!!

Gonna take it easy today, I've had some muscle cramps that need to let go today. Tomorrow is going to be an intense kettlebell workout though.

I also start Sports Massage class tonight! It's going to make the schedule a little crazy, but I'm so looking forward to it.

This is a random note, but I really don't know what I want to do with my life, and I'm at the point where I really wish I had a clear idea. I know I want to help people, hands on. I've thought of medical school, nursing, and more recently, osteopathy -- holistic medicine. That appeals to me a lot, but there's some other aspect I want. I want to make huge changes for people and the world in some way, and I want to figure out the best way I can do that on many levels. I'm just waiting for it to dawn on me as I keep foraging ahead.

You are all fantastic people. Thank you for nothing more than being who and what you are!

No comments: