Sunday, September 21, 2008

Holy ****!

I've been attending this Compressive Deep Tissue workshop this weekend, which is where I learn how to step on people and make them hurt in nice ways that open up their bodies.

But holy crap! I've noticed lately that my hips and quads are just freakin' solid, and I've noticed how it affects how I walk. Well, my partner yesterday completely opened up my hips, and my feet, which have deviated laterally when I lay on my back for years, are now much more as they should be! (Toes pointed towards the sky) And today she worked on my quads, particularly my rector femoris, and wow... I can withstand a lot of physical pain, but that just about pushed me over the edge. After working for 20 minutes on my left quad alone, there was still one portion that would not budge and was almost making me writhe. When I stood up, my quads just felt shredded and so sore, but were immensely looser than they had been, and it really translated into my gait. AMAZING stuff! I think my quads are so tight because I tend to use my quads and TFL for hip flexion as opposed to using my psoas, which is what we're supposed to do. We also learned deep compressions on the TFL and psoas, which often get adherred and cause lower back pain. Super interesting.

Whew. x_x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're an adhesion!