Sunday, June 13, 2010

Still training

So I haven't fallen off the bandwagon in regards to training -- just with the updates. :)

I have increased the weight each workout by 5 lbs. as planned, and just deadlifted 225 lbs. x 5 on Friday (which felt easy). I've taken the weekend off, and will be deadlifting again tomorrow. There's going to be a deadlifting competition at the gym Doug and I train at this Saturday, so I think I might do it just for the heck of it, and for the experience.

That's pretty much all there is to say right now. Lata!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Good luck in the competition if you end up entering! That sounds like pretty intense workout at 5 sets of 225, A training session put me on sumo deadlifts and I was dying doing significantly less weight but I understand that deadlifts are really good exercise...so I kind of have to force myself to do them :)

-Matt

Laura Nepodal said...

They are an excellent exercise - there's also something so satisfying about lifting a bunch of weight off the ground. :) Hopefully you'll grow to love them!

Fitness freak said...

Awesome! Good luck!

I've recently been learning the power clean. Olympic lifting is all very new to me so just the bar is enough for now!

Keep up the good work!

Soph
x
barrettsfitness.blogspot.com