Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Deadlift PR and then some

I'm very stoked to say that I finally broke 300 in my deadlift. Tonight I did a five reps with 225 to find that they felt quite light. I attempted to lift 305 last Friday, after a few sets of 225 and then being a little overzealous and trying 315 twice--failed, obviously. It didn't go up, though it did come off the ground.

So, I successfully locked out 305 lbs. tonight. I think I could probably do 310 or 312, but I'm going to keep it here for awhile and work with it.

Prior to this, I had not deadlifted in 4-5 months. All I have been doing is kettlebells. It simply goes to show that kettlebells will make you STRONG. :)

I celebrated my PR by doing some snatches with a 16kg kettlebell (which felt extremely light), and then a short circuit with Doug: 135 lbs. sled pulls for 30 yards, immediately followed by 3-5 presses R/L. Did 3 sets of forward-facing sled pulls, then 2 sets of rear-facing ones. With all the tension drills, I was seeing stars a little bit by the end... it felt fantastic, though.

I'm feeling pretty good right now; it always feels amazing to accomplish a goal that you've been working towards. Now, just to keep getting stronger!

2 comments:

sunny said...

hopped here!

Anonymous said...

*nods approvingly*

Highly excellent work, beastface!