Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've been getting bad about updating this thing...

To start: X-Men Origins: Wolverine -- HORRIBLE. Cliches up the wazoo, and each of them painful and distasteful; over-the-top action, poorly executed CGI. My advice would be to wait until it comes out on DVD, rather than spending nearly ten bucks on it.

I've really been enjoying get ups recently. I'm planning on getting a video up in the next couple of days of the 32kg get up I've been working; it's been getting easier each time. Heavy get ups are so good!

I've gotten 100 snatches with the 16kg down to 3:45 pretty consistently, so now I'm going to work on 100 snatches with the 20kg in under 5:00 instead.

Today I did six minutes of get ups with a 24kg 'bell, followed by about an hour of indoor top-rope rock climbing. A certain someone very sweetly bought me an awesome pair of climbing shoes, and the difference was huge. Thank you, babe. :)

I'm SO excited that the San Diego RKC cert. is actually happening! Going through it is going to be a fantastic experience; I can hardly wait. VO2 Max work will be going down a few times a week a couple of months out to get the hands ready. In the meantime, I'll continue to train hard.

Time is flying!

No comments: