Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warrior Diet and workouts

Just to document this a bit:

I'd been thinking about starting the Warrior Diet for about 8 months before I actually went for it. As I said before, I hadn't really read any testimonials or heard of any experiences that women had on the Warrior Diet, and so I was hesitant to start without knowing more. After talking with Ori at the LA Fit Expo though, my questions and doubts were answered and alleviated, and as I felt my body needed a change of pace diet-wise, I decided to go for it.

I've been on the Warrior Diet for eleven days now. Thus far, it's actually gone quite well, and I've definitely noted some changes:

- I've noticed a marked difference in my energy levels throughout the day, which are far more consistent than they had been.
- My sugar cravings, which were always an issue, are next to nothing since I've been on the diet. If I really do want something sweet, it's more of a choice than the feeling that I need to scratch some itch.
- I've lost scale weight, but am just as strong as I was if not stronger. I'm expecting the weight loss to continue now that my body has started to fully acclimate to the undereating/overeating process.

I've been eating during the day -- usually a piece of fruit with a low-glycemic index, and a couple handfuls of raw cashews a few hours later, or whey protein powder (Warrior Milk). As of this last Sunday though, which would have been day eight on the diet, my hunger pangs during the day have greatly decreased from what they were in the first few days. I've been drinking a minimum of 2.5 liters of water, upward to 4 liters.

As I implied, my workouts have been going quite well. I've been feeling solid in all of my workouts since I started the diet, both with kettlebells and in jiu-jitsu. In Monday night's class, we did heavy single rep TGU; I initially used the 24kg, which had been my max TGU weight for awhile, only to find that it was easy. When did that happen?? After doing 3 sets of 1 rep on both sides, I attempted a TGU with the 32kg. I was able to get up into the standing position from the ground, but lost tension and so didn't complete it. I'm fairly certain I could get it though if I were fresh -- bring it! I'll post about that when it happens.

At the end of the workout, I cleaned an 8o lbs. kb. My aim is to clean The Beast.

School is very busy but going well; pre-med is going to be something else. I'm excited about everything though, and feeling great.

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Right ON, girl! Keep killin it.

Laura Nepodal said...

Thank you! I definitely will. I miss reading your blogs lady! Hope things are going well. =)