Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yarr.


A good mornin' to ya. It be a nipplie, breath-takin' zero degrees here in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, and that be without the wind chill factor. The snow be a kaleidoscope of refracted rays upon the earth, the air singes on the way down. A beautiful phenomena to visit, and it be a beautiful thing to be able to leave it.

I did a workout a couple of days past. Worked the deadlift to a degree, but the equipment was a little shoddy. Did a few sets of 225 at 4 reps each, a few at 205 at 5 reps each, and a few at 185 at 8 reps. I also did some barbell suitcase deadlifts using the Olympic bar. My grip was a bit shot by that point, so I did 3 sets R/L, 4 reps per side. The last set I only did 3 per side.

I'm missing my kettlebells a lot, and looking forward to the workout that'll ensue once I get ahold of them. I need to have my ass kicked by a workout. I've also been pretty bad this last week diet-wise: it was my birthday on Thursday (pictures included), and I sort of took it as an excuse to eat crappy for most of the week. (Specimen A to your right.) The truth is, while it's great at the time, you always suffer for it later, even if you don't bear physical repercussions. Jacking up your nutritional intake in that way has such an effect on the psyche, and screws with your body image. It's an interesting thing. I'm not saying not to let loose once in awhile, and I don't think that these effects are strongly felt with small acts of indulgement, which I think can actually be beneficial. It's just a fine line, in my opinion. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it, and it was all damn tasty! Particularly the Ben & Jerry's mint ice cream. If you haven't tried it, I recommend that yumful stuff.
This song has been stuck in my head today, and these lyrics in particular. I leave you with Aqueous Transmission by Incubus:

I'm floating down a river
Oars freed from their holds long ago
Lying face up on the floor of my vessel
I marvel at the stars
And feel my heart overflow
Further down the river
Further down the river
Further down the river
Further down the river
Two weeks without my lover
I'm in this boat alone
Floating down a river named emotion
Will I make it back to shore
Or drift into the unknown?

No comments: