Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bruises galore

I gotta say, I'm freakin' LOVING BJJ. I get more hooked every class. Today we went over a couple of sweeps and a few chokes. That's always fun, especially when done repetitiously. I also got to roll today once, which I won't really be able to do regularly for a little while, and really enjoyed it. So good!

My left shoulder is still jacked up. This is a big bother to me, and I'm not pleased that it's still an issue. Doing snatches last night with the 16kg on the left side was very uncomfortable. I've just been gritting my teeth and working through it for the most part, but I'm going to really try and give it a rest this coming week while I'm in Wisconsin visiting my sister and hopefully I'll be able to get her to work on it.

I'm now sporting black and reddish-pink hair. It was supposed to be Rufio-colored hair from Hook, but it turned out a bit lighter. I'll have to post a picture sometime soon.

2 comments:

Authentic Strength Training said...

Yes, repetition can be fun. When we studied and prac-app'd the Marine Corps Martial Arts program, we would go over the same moves 5 dozen times every session. After a while it became fun, as one of us would become lazy, and get overtaken by someone else's aggressive but skilled anticipation.

Snatches with a 16kg?

Beastly.

W2 over-

Laura Nepodal said...

Five dozen chokes would be the end of my carotid artery, or thoracic cartilage, depending on your choke of choice.

And thank you! I try my best to be beastly. I'm working up to doing 20 snatches L/R with the 24 kg, 40 reps total. I haven't tested it in awhile because of my shoulder, but I was up to ten each side without much issue. We'll see where that goes; gimpy and beastly don't go so well together.