Friday, October 10, 2008

On track

All right, so far so good. Yesterday's intake was 100% clean -- Standard breakfast of 4 egg whites with a little feta cheese mixed in, 1/4 cup oatmeal and an apple. For lunch, had some lightly cooked ahi poke and lettuce with tomatoes, no dressing. Then had Rusty's strength and conditioning class -- last night was BRUTAL, my abs literally gave out on my doing hot potatoes with a 16kg at the end of class they were so shot -- after that, ate at Natural Cafe and had some vegetables with chicken and a little bit of brown rice.

Doing well with food today, too. Surprisingly I'm not sore at all today minus a twinge in my abs from the workout last night, so I'm planning on going to the gym in the next 3o minutes to do a deadlift routine, and I'll probably work on shoulders, too. It's been awhile since I've done deadlifts, my max when I last tested it was 255 lbs. -- we'll see where I'm at now. =) I'll post the workout later.

EDIT: Here's how the workout went:

Deadlifts:
185 lbs., 5 sets: 5, 5, 4, 5, 5
205 lbs., 3 sets: 3, 3, 3
235 lbs., 1 set: 0
I got the weight all the way up and locked out on this one, but my back curved a little bit halfway up, so I'm not counting it.

So my strength has gone down a bit in the deadlift, but nothing I can't regain quickly.

A little bit of shoulder stuff too:

Pull ups, BW: 1, 1, 1
Bench press, barbell, 95 lbs, 3 sets: 2, 2, 1
Wide grip isometric pull ups: 5
Military Barbell press, 60 lbs., 5 sets: 6, 6, 5, 5, 5
Turkish Get-up w/ 30 lbs. DB: 1 on each side (shoulders were tired at this point)

Bench press has always been something I've avoided. It's been at least 4 months since I last did it... which is why it's so surprising that I'm benching that number, considering my max has only ever been 100 lbs. Haha! That's going to change so fast.

Good stuff! Have a good one, peoples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm happy to see you're able to do multiple single pullups now and that change in your bench press is interesting, must be thanks to pushups and kettlebell mil presses I guess. Good job!

Laura Nepodal said...

Thanks ^_^