Monday, August 25, 2008

Pre-bed sum up

I'm headed off to bed, but I wanted to share a couple of things I'm pretty stoked about:

1) First day of school was fine. I sat down in my first class and had the feeling like it'd only been a few days since I'd been in school last, and not three years. I also felt a bit of dread... but I'm just going to own it, power through it, take in all the knowledge that I can and stay on top of it. Pushing through situations that aren't necessarily desirable helps to build strength for big situations.
2) My body feels fantastic. Great workout tonight, and I feel vitalized and energized after it -- I was totally dragging before it. I also feel much more buoyant. There's so much great energy there during the workout and the chill hang-out sessions afterward. Everyone there is just fantastic, and I'm grateful to be part of that in any way.
3) My new laptop came today, and it's loverly! This is officially the de-virginizing blog. Pop!
4) I've been feeling pretty down intermittently. So here's what I've decided: I'm going to try and keep my thoughts as positive as possible as often as possible, even if I have to fake it sometimes. That's not to say that I'll be perfect about this, and I certainly don't want people pointing fingers at me; I'm going to do my best and this is my own personal challenge. Positive thought definitely directly contributes to positive interactions and positive outlook. I am my own mentor in the end, as well. Gotta do what I gotta do!

Hope everyone has a great night/day -- cheers!

4 comments:

adnan said...

a nice blog. a nice words.
The most important thing that we always searching for the truth in every area of knowlege.

If any time, please visit my blog and read my opinion about God, maybe we make a discussion about that. Thanks.

Gypsy with a Camera said...

lol de-virginizing blog i love that word.

first day was pretty cool. i have this awesome art teach in drawing 1. so excited. then my other first 2nd day of my other classes the next day was tiresome. 8 till 5. just like a job but no pay. urgh.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Laura, I agree that the energy of the group is always great on monday nights. Thanks for feeding into that energy. I didn't even get home until 10.

Rex Venom said...

Feeling down?! Why?
You are staying health y and hot, staying on top of your scholastic challenges, AND you have a new laptop!
The world is yours.
Rock on!