Thursday, July 3, 2008

Delicious workout

Today I just wanted to do a select few work outs that would just leave me sweating (and panting -- damn the air quality!) My weapons of choice: Barbell deadlifts, dumbbell snatches, Turkish Getups with a dumbbell.

Deadlifts:
3 sets of 10 reps, 135 lbs. for warm up
2 sets of 5 reps 205 lbs.
1 set of 1 rep 225 lbs.

I was up to 265 lbs. before my recent trip to Ireland. However, my first workout back 205 was tough, and it was nothin' today. I know I'll get it back quick -- I plan on breaking 300 in the next couple of months. I will watch the movie to celebrate when the time comes. :)

Snatches:
3 sets of 8 reps, 25 lbs.
2 sets of 5 reps, 32.5 lbs.
2 sets of 5 reps, 40 lbs.

I was struggling a little to keep my core solid by the end of these, but I felt pretty good about my form overall.

Turkish getups (sort of beat by this point):

4 sets, starting from the floor, 27.5 lbs.

Did my job today! Just a few methods, but a delicious result. The lights kept flickering in the gym because of the smoke from the fire. I powered through each rep though and didn't stop to gawk like most everyone else... it's nice to make yourself seem such a bad-ass! Mwahaha.

I had a lot of interesting speculations that I was pondering earlier, but my brain power is nil after that workout. But, I do want a motorcycle. And a rock climbing teacher/buddy. And a spiritual Teacher. I need to get on those things.

No comments: