Monday, June 10, 2013

The bar and me.

I've recently decided I want to start actively working towards my goal of deadlifting 400 pounds.

The goal has been there for a long while now - the instant I deadlifted 300 pounds, actually.  Because, c'mon... it's just one hundred more pounds, right? ;)

I also have my SFG Level II certification to prepare for in September... having considered this though, and having taken the programming Pavel's latest cycle into account, I think the deadlift protocol will transfer over to my Level II skills quite nicely.

And so, I deadlifted today.

Today was 3 sets of 5 reps of 205 pounds, with 5 minutes rest between sets.  It felt easy - which is a good start. I'll be executing the lifts with a sumo-stance... some Russian man seems to think I'm bettered suited to it...

Oh, I'm looking quite forward to that quiet, sacred space that forms when there's nothing but the bar, my focus, and me...

No comments: