Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nikki, I did it! :) 20kg Snatch Test

It's been awhile since I set this goal for myself; I don't remember exactly when, but I know Nikki and I swore to each other that we would do it by this coming February.

I set up the video camera today while Doug did some clubbell exercises, and set out to do the Snatch Test with the 20kg bell. I finished at 4:56, and didn't tear my hands, though they were pretty hot.

I recently read the quote, "To err is human... to err at a critical moment is printer." Apparently, this applies to video cameras, as well.

I'm very loathe to say it... the camera died before I finished the test. :( SO aggravating! Doug watched the whole thing though, and my 97th rep sucked, and needed to be redone. I finished the test with 4 seconds to spare.

I've experienced shakey legs before; until now though, I've never experienced shakey traps.

Thanks to Doug for the tutelage and support, and thanks to Nikki for the motivation and inspiration! :)

And now: Corn Huskers.

2 comments:

John Roberts said...

Cool and inspiring stuff Laura! Doug's presence is as good as gold... even your word, too! What's next, the 24kg, SSST, UST,...?
:)

Laura Nepodal said...

Thanks, John! :)

I'd like to attempt the SSST... definitely more feasible than the 24kg Snatch Test. And the USST? 32kg is a breeze.

;)