Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year


A belated 'Happy New Year' to everyone! I hope this year is full of beautiful new beginnings and the continuation of trends of fulfillment for everyone. I'm certainly planning on it being just so for myself.

I brought in the new year with a lot of great people, and I'm fairly certain I was one of two people who wasn't drunk, in case that isn't apparent from the picture. It was a good time with a lot of laughs -- definitely won't be forgetting it any time soon.

I've been enjoying the break from school a lot. I've been filling my days with training of the kettlebell/BJJ/rock climbing variety, and with people that I care about, creating stronger bonds and deeper connections. I've overcome some tough stuff and made so many positive changes, and more keep rolling in. I'm healthy, strong and getting stronger, and motivated for more. I'm in a fantastic state of mind, and loving life and all that's been coming with it. There's a lot to work on and to work towards, as it always will and should be. Honestly though, for the first time in several years, I feel as though I'm starting the year off just right. And it feels amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for positivity! Happy new year to you too =)

I'm glad you're taking such good care of yourself, Laura. You're doing great work and now you're self-fulfilled. The machete and the jungle await. You're off the typical trail and I think you have your bearings better than ever. Cheers my friend!