Monday, January 26, 2009

LA Fit Expo


I spent this last weekend at the Los Angeles Fit Expo -- what a trip! It's really something else to be around the extremes in the field and to marvel at the huge discrepancy between legitimacy and... well, fake boobs and bloated, hypertrophic tissue that isn't functional. It was a great time though, the energy was definitely humming along the entire weekend. You can have a lot of fun anywhere with just a handful of RKCs around, and if there happens to be a kettlebell or two around, it's all over. I think I swung The Beast 60 times the first day, and snatched the 24 kg 20 times, as well as the 20 kg. Just for fun, of course.

I had the opportunity to talk for a good chunk of time with Ori Hofmekler, founder of The Warrior Diet. I've heard several success stories from men, but haven't heard that many from women, and so I was able to have many of my questions answered. It was so good of him to take as much time as he did to talk with me. At this point, I'm planning on starting the Warrior Diet in the next week or two. More about that later.


I don't have much more to say right now. It was the first day back in school, and it's going to be an interesting semester. It was a fantastic weekend though! Thanks to Justin Garfield for putting everything together! Below are a few more pictures of messing with the Beast for your viewing pleasure.
<--(This kid rocked.)















1 comment:

Franz Snideman said...

Nice photos...and once again....great job on the 24k snatches...very impressive!