Friday, December 5, 2008

Life has seemed hazy. I wish I had a more descriptive, telling word than that, but that's precisely how it feels. It's like a fog around my peripherals, though the object of my intent is focused and clear. As soon as I look away though, it, too, becomes muddled. When I try to focus on everything at once, whirling back and forth, I feel overwhelmed and nauseous. It's almost like riding on some out-of-control roller coaster that you can't get off of.

There's so much to be done, so much that I want to achieve, and I feel like I haven't figured out what even a quarter of that is. I get caught up in the current conflicts, and I lose sight of what I want to strive for -- or rather, striving to find what I'm searching for.

I don't know. I sort of want to be an adventuring, philanthropic pirate. I guess that's what I'm striving for in some twisted, modernistic way?

And, might I ask, why is showing emotion so often perceived as a sure indicator of fragility and/or weakness? It pisses me off. Emotionally constipated people are the last thing this world needs. Grrr.

Anyway, enough complaining. My workouts have been going well lately. I did the VO2 Max 15:15 protocol with a 12 kg 'bell on Wednesday night after a rather tumultuous day and put out 16 sets. Last night I did Rusty's class, which was great as always, though the carpals in my right wrist started flaring up after a chunk of push-up related exercises. It's feeling fine today, and I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm looking forward to kettlebell class in the morning, it should be good stuff.

And now, finals to study for. Take care, all.

No comments: