Friday, November 14, 2008

Update

I went back to the fire area today to see if I could find out if my family's house had burned down or not. Google Map and other sources were showing that my house was right on the cusp of the area that was burned and that which wasn't. I snuck past the police barricade on foot, and walked a good mile to a mile and a half. Thankfully my house as of yet is safe; I was able to turn off the gas and get some pictures. It was incredibly eery around there though... no one but authorized personnel. There was a lot of dead birds from the smoke. Just down the road houses were burned... we're lucky.

Three people are in critical condition from burns and smoke inhalation. Two of these people are friends of mine. A close friend lost their property and all of their posessions, and a family I know lost everything as well.

This sucks so bad. I wish I could help.

No comments: