Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sacramento


What a weekend! I went up to Sacramento with Rusty, Doug, Tim and Sean to attend Pavel's seminars on stretching and abs. We all drove up together, and stayed in a single room. There was rarely any time where we weren't talking or laughing about something, and the seminars were excellent. The time away was really great, and the group dynamic we had going just felt awesome, easy, and so much f'ing fun. There are several things I won't look at the same again: stretching techniques, ab work... a baby's arm, U-turns, Mimi's, Spiderman ... and oh, so much more. The list goes on. Hopefully there will be more such events in the near future.


I was extremely happy to get the chance to speak with Pavel and some of the other RKCs. After discussing deadlifts with Pavel, he suggested that I try out for the Power to the People deadlift team. Beyond that being a potentially amazing experience, it's also another reason to train harder and become stronger and completely own the deadlift. I'll be breaking 300 soon. I'm also really intrigued by Z-Health... I'll need to research that more. I'm also inspired to become truly a beast among women with kettlebells (of course!).


And now, back to the real world... a Math test in the AM to study for.

1 comment:

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

It was a blast and I'm glad that we all stayed in the same room. The energy for the whole weekend was so good. Good luck on the test.