Monday, July 14, 2008

Strength

And from the ashes of an ungainly death
soars the whispered scream of Valor,
head thrown back and a smile on her lips,
knowing herself as her own salvor.

--Just a verse that I just wrote that's applicable.

-------------------------------------------------

And separately, a few lines I've enjoyed and appreciated:


I will not easily forget
The life that stirs in my soul,
Hidden amidst Death,
That infinite Life.

I hear you in the thunder,
A simple tune,
A tune to which I will arise.

And in that storm of happiness,
As your music plays in your mind,
The whole wide world
Dances to your rhythm.

               --Gary Schyman, translation of "Praan"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it A LOT. That's quite a scene from 4 lines of prose, Ms. Laura Bear. I'm going to scold you now... You really need to write more! It's ungainly to write so little as you for one of your talent =D